1996 nissan primera front wheel bearings

I've been told that i need new front wheel bearings on my nissa

primera. How easy are these to get hold of, how expensive are they an how hard are they to change. Is it a big time consuming job

-- gobbledegook

Reply to
gobbledegook

Unless you have a good workshop and some experience then it is not a diy amateur job. Even with the right gear I have known people make a mess of it. The consequences of getting it wrong can range from annoying, through expensive up to fatal.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Pretty well all reasonably recent FWD designs require engineering equipment (press) to change the bearings. One way to save money is to remove the assemblies from the car and take them to a facility which can change them for you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)