1997 NIssan Primera (P11) aftermarket radio

Hi,

I got myself MP3 player Pioneer DEH-P5630MP. When installing it I ran into couple of problems:

  1. The mounting brackets have two holes in them for screws to attach HU. But distance between these holes doesn't fit to the holes in the Pioneer. I temporary had to use just one screw per side.

  1. The HU is a bit recessed, which is not too bad but I'd ideally want it to be in the right position (would look nicer).

Basically, I am wondering whether people on this board ever ran into these problems and how they solved it.

Cheers,

Kostic

Reply to
Kostic

Not a P11, but I had some 'issues' trying to fit an aftermarket head unit to a P10, which ISTR is pretty similar.

You need to remove the brackets from the side of the original head unit, and transfer them to the side of the aftermarket unit - there should be holes that will line up the head unit with the facia, just trial-fit it to see what it looks like. If it doesn't line up, have a look at the other holes in the side of the Pioneer to see if anything else will line up.

It's also worth noting that the head unit is earthed via the metal frame of the dash / console, so it won't work unless it's screwed in. This one had me puzzled for _hours_ - had my 'bulb on a string' trying to find an earth (ground?) from the back of the head unit.

Reply to
SteveH

That's the thing. There is pretty much no way I can find two holes in the Pioneer that line up. By "pretty much" I mean there is a hole but it is not intended for a screw to go in there, but I guess it could be done. My biggest problem however is that it sits a bit too far inside and there is no choice of holes to move it closer (only further away).

This got me thinking too, but my faithful multimeter helped me figure it out pretty quickly.

Cheers,

Kostic

Reply to
Kostic