1998 Renault Megane A/C down.

Since recently, the A/C in my Megane won't start up.

I can keep hammering the push switch that would usually start it up, it won't turn on. The LED usually indicating whether it's running or not won't even light up. I have checked the fuses and the the freon gas and both are okay.

Has anyone had a similar problem, would know what it would be and how to cure it?

Thanks!

-- Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Carrere

When was the AC last serviced? How did you check the gas? If you have Freon in there then there is something seriously wrong. If it really does have the full compliment of gas in there then it may be that the switch is worn out, try hotwiring the switch. If it doesn't have the right amount of gas it won't start. Bypassing the low pressure switch may enable it to start, but it should not be used like this.

I would recommend getting a professional to look at it.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks for the answer.

I had a professional looking at the freon gas. But he couldn't check the rest of the A/C system in detail as he wasn't too used to Renaults.

I thought about hotwiring the switch, but I feared there was more to it in the smal control panel (like some electronics things).

I'll give it a go ;)

Thanks

MrCheerful wrote:

Reply to