1999 Ford Fiesta Reverse light switch problem?

Hi

My Fiesta's rear reverse light isn't working. I've changed the bulb and looked at the fuses but there isn't a problem with them. It has been suggested to me that the "reverse light" switch in the gearbox is faulty - a common problem with fiestas?

How much will it cost roughly to get it fixed? (if it is the problem)

Thankyou

Reply to
Verbyl.Belch

changed one on the hcs, cost all of £2.50p, last year.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

The later fiesta (1.25 variety) has a reverse switch with about 5 wires in it, right on the front of the gearbox where it gets all the road spray, I have had to replace several of these in the past, after fitting the new one I cover it up in a plastic bag secured with a cable tie, they don't fail again. A new switch is about 15 pounds IIRC when changing it all the oil tries to fall out, so it helps to jack up the front left of the car, and be ready to quickly screw the new switch in.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

mrcheerful . ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or change the 'box oil at the same time...

Reply to
Adrian

People don't do that anymore, I am afraid !

Reply to
mrcheerful