1999 Renault Megane 1.6e Sport Coupe Problem! Help anyone?

Got a problem with my vehicle! Starts easy enough from cold but I have got to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep it going for roughly 15 secs to let it settle out. Will then run with no problem for 3,4,5 miles, then suddenly at a junction stop, it will then stall for no reason, re-starts ok and off I go again. Can feel slight power surges when cruising on open roads. Running like a bit of a dog at the moment! Any suggestions as to which ECU sensor is at fault?

Reply to
markroper.ents

Start with the coolant temp sensor. These often rot out on renaults and short to earth- ecu thinks engine is hot all the time, so fuels accordingly. If indeed it is faulty, have the coolant flushed & changed and refill with

50% antifreeze.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Tested the coolant temp sensor ohmically, reads 3K ohms across the sensors 2 terminals with a cold engine and is not shorted to chassis earth.

Reply to
markroper.ents