2.4 T 4 Engine problem

Just bought a 1992 LWB 2.4 diesel non turbo T4. Been idle for 4 month

and has developed a miss, (van has been running recently I have hear it running bit of a tap from the top end) not injector as firs thought, but 2 valves dont move when engine spins over or so I`ve bee told. Is it a standard cam and spring set up or is it a hydrauli lifter system , could it be sticky valves?

Any body got any advice Cheers Crag

-- cragz

Reply to
cragz

Get yerself over to :

very knowledgeable folks on there. And yes it hydraulic lifters (well it is on my T4 TDi LWB).A good flush out, new quality filter and refill with fully synth and you;ll probably find it sorts itself out.JB

Reply to
JB