2000 MK1 Focus passenger door not unlocking with fob

Hello all

Just had a fault develop on my focus. Basically as the subject says, when usiing the central locking the front passenger door will not unlock.

Here are the symptoms:

When using keyfob all doors lock/unlock APART from front passanger When in the car, using the driver door lock switch, all doors lock/ unlock APART from the passenger When in the car, using the passenger door lock switch it will lock/ unlock OK, it will even lock and unlock the rear doors (which is normal)

In that the lock works AND the switch locks and unlocks (including thr rears) I'm assuming it's the actuator in the passenger door?

Thoughs?

If thats the case and it is the actuator, how easy are they to get at and fix/replace?

I thought i'd post here 1st before spending hours in the cold!

Many thanks all

Steven

Reply to
Steven Langdale

they often go wrong, you just change the whole lot in one lump, about 80 quid iirc. quite easy to change.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

When you say " the whole lot in one lump" what do you mean ...The actuator in each door or more than the actuator in the problem door?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

the lock and the actuator are all built into one unit these days

Reply to
Mrcheerful

thx muchly

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check the wiring 1st just incase, then go for the actuator/lock assembly.

Being a tight sod, are they repairable or is replacement the best option?

Thanks

Steven

Reply to
Steven Langdale

If you are that way inclined then have a look, but the quality is poor and it is a crimped together lump of bits, I would have an investigate if it was mine.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Does that imply that he will need a different key in case he needs to open the passenger door from the outside ? Maybe some nutter parks too close to the driver's door...

Reply to
Gordon H

no the key bit is completely separate to the doorlock assembly

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks. My daughter has a Focus, which is why I'm listening.

Reply to
Gordon H