2000 Suzuki Swift Suspension Knock

My 1.0 Suzuki Swift has been knocking on and off for the last 2 years. Its gone through 2 mot's in its current state and can often be fine for months at a time but for the last couple of months its doing it all the time.

Basically every time i go over a bump and the car lifts up, the rear nearside suspension clunks. If i press down on the rear bumper and lift it up I can reliably get it to clunk every time the car is on its way up. The noise appears to be coming from the spring but the spring iteslf looks fine.

I'm going to investigate the problem tomorrow but i'm intersted if anyone had any idea's whats wrong or maybe has seen the problem before.

Many thanks

Reply to
Kirky

it may well have an anti roll bar at the back , these usually have at least one joint per side, even the slightest play will give a noise

Reply to
Mrcheerful

By coincidence I have the same problem with my Mondeo, a very irritating 'clunking' sound from the rear suspension. I put it into the garage yesterday thinking it was a shock absorber but the guy reckons it's the anti roll bar as suggested above, not life threatening he says but replacement on order.

Reply to
Scabbydug

Not had chance to look yet due to the weather but will do soon.

Thanks for the replys

Reply to
theboyuk