2001 Astra 1.8 fan belt question

2001 ecotec 1.8 petrol engine with air con. auto trans

There is an idler pulley just above and to the rear of the crankshaft pulley.

Does this idler pulley get taken off or loosened when the cambelt is replaced?.

Reason for asking is that the cambelt was replaced a few months ago and the fan belt idler pulley seems to be loose - rattly when the aircon is on or any gear is selected (ie when there is load on the engine). I can see it wobbling around.

If it is removed or loosened during cambelt replacement, I can hopefully get it tightened/fixed under warranty from the cambelt replacement (50k km/2 yr warranty on all service work)

TIA

Reply to
AM

Thus spake AM ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

Seems cut and dried to me. Go straight back to the dealer and get them to look at it. I don't think warranties come into it; just ask them to finish the job properly.

Reply to
A.Clews