2001 Audi Allroad ODB2?

I have a test reader, mainly to check for the common problem of a duff torque convertor, will it work on a 2001 A6 allroad?

Reply to
Nige

VWaudi have many codes that are not covered by obd, you will need a vw specific reader. launch make a vw specific one at about thirty quid or get vagcom and a laptop.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Not quite sure why you'd need any special test gear to know if a TC is working properly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If it was a normal torque converter. There is a huge list of gearbox fault codes. I understand the Audi has a locking TC in all gears and a quick google shows that a faulty TC puts the malfunction lamp on and generates a fault code. There was a recall on many audi autos. Sounds like a model to avoid rather than get.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

If you're going to buy an Allroad then just buy VCDS.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

My test reader worked a treat, cheers

Reply to
Nige

No recall required, if it goes, it goes etc. But it's nice to know.

Reply to
Nige

Seconded. It's way more capable than a generic reader. I have a feeling many OBD2 readers won't even read beyond engine faults.

Mind, if the OP is true to reputation and will sell it soon, the cost is more, relatively. It's not expensive if you have several/will have several VAG cars, but for one it's maybe easier to just ask on a VAG forum & bung someone the price of a pint or two.

Reply to
Chris Bartram