2001 Corsa C blower not working.

Hi all,

Before I start faultfinding on this one I wondered if there were any 'known issues' with the internal fan / bower on a Corsa C please?

Daughter has reported hers has stopped working (on all speeds, so presumably not just the resistors etc) so I wondered if it was 'most likely' to be any thermal protection device in there if they have such. Would that car have a pollen filter as I believe that can cause a reduced airflow and overheating of the resistors / thermal fuse on some vehicles (and I'm pretty sure no one has changed in the 3 years she's owned it if it has (bit then she's not done that many miles either)). ;-(

She is staying with her granny at the moment and the HBOL is in her car (that she's using daily) so I can't even look it up.

From my playing with OpCom on my Meriva A (that I believe shares some of the electronics with the Corsa C) I think I was able to control the internal fan from the OpCom so does that mean it *could* be an ECU issue? ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

All speeds or just the lower 3 of 4 speeds? On Fords a thermal fuse blows which takes out the lower 3 speeds but the 4th one still works.

see

I have seen similar arrangements of Vauxhalls

If it's not working on all speeds it may just be a conventional car fuse that has blown.

Reply to
alan

All speeds I understand.

Ah, I wasn't sure if said fuse affected all speeds or just the resistor controlled ones (1,2,3).

Ah, a picture speaks 1000 words (to me anyway). ;-)

Ok.

Understood. Funnily enough, thinking about this led me onto another issue and that we (the Mrs and I) noticed the daughters Corsas o/s (and only the o/s) floor was quite wet when we borrowed it a while back. I dried it out the best I could at the time but haven't really checked it since (and we had had some heavy rain at the time). Looking at a Youtube vid it shows water leaking in round (what I think is) the master brake cylinder mount and it needing some silicone applying to seal it.

It looks like I might have to take some trim panels off and have a look.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

T i m wrote: [snip]

Quite a common problem on the Corsa.

A real pain to dry out - I had the local garage strip out the seats and carpet, leaving the carpet to hang up to dry in their workshop over the Christmas holiday. There were leaks for virtually everything that passes throught the bulkhead, so they dismanted and sealed the brake cylinder/servo, clutch, etc.

This was Christmas 2012 - the car has been beautifully dry since - expensive hobby, but cheaper than buying a new car.

Reply to
Graham J

From some further Googling, so is seems. ;-(

We have hung such things in the bathroom before with a de-humidifier running 24/7 and that seems to accelerate things.

Yeah, looks like the solution. I'm torn between stripping the easy stuff out to gain access to then cleaning what I can of the original seal(er?) from round said panel and re-sealing round the outside. I may look to see if I can remove the master cylinder and then said plate and actually get sealer in the gap properly?

True ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m