2001 Ford Focus Cooling

Hi All,

I could be well off here, but in my 2001 Ford Focus, the engine temp seems to go up a little, then down a little, up then down, even on motorway runs. In traffic it sometimes gets halfway up, though I've not seen it go past this.

Just wondering is there a problem with the thermostat, as other cars I've driven seem to warm up to halfway generally and stick there when alls well.

Does it sound like a thermostat? If so, how much for the part, and what could happen if I don't change it?

Cheers

Reply to
Dr. Compynei

leave it alone, unless it actually overheats.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I would say it is giving you an accurate reading.

Reply to
gazzafield

Make sure the radiator cooling fan isn't starting and stopping intermittently.

Reply to
Mark W

The temp gauge is actually ECU controlled and should move progressively up to bang on half way no matter what the car is doing.

I would agree its not right, and first port of call would be change the thermostat and flush cooling system.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's supposed to start & stop intermittently.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thats what my line of thought was. Cheers.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Reply to
Dr. Compynei