2001 polo hazard relay

My daughter has a 2001 polo. The hazard / indicator unit keeps ticking even when not in use. I suspect its the switch and have ordered one but it is located in the middle of the dashboard between two air vents. I have had the radio out and can touch the switch but cant remove it. It looks as thought the panel which holds the radio and air vents is removable but cant work out how to remove the panel. Any ideas please?

Reply to
Sleepingtiger

Simply operating the switch a few times might clear the fault.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

Hi No its been doing it for two weeks now. Need to know how to get it out without wrecking the dashboard.

Reply to
Sleepingtiger

I've done this before, bit of a tight squeeze.

Assuming its not been done by now. You need to remove a blank on both sides of the switch and pop it forward, disconnect the power plug, ingoes new one whilst holding the power plug with you finger and push it in with you left hand and now slot the hazard relay back on and job done. Take about 4/5 minutes and is fiddly and a few curse words may fly but a little patience and it can be done.

Reply to
munki

Hi, I have the same problem. How do you get to the hazard relay???

Reply to
mattskinner26

As we don't know what problem is it's probably not the same problem, hardly ever is. So how do you know it is the same problem?

Pushbike, car, bus, train, plane, rollerskates, windsurfer depending on how fast you want to get to the hazard

oh and stop calling me relay

Reply to
Tart on Toast