2001 (X) Fiesta Zetec S Rear Axel Bushes

My friend has just bought one of these from a garage, it has covered

49k miles with one owner from new.

I thought it was a little strange that they had replaced both rear shock absorbers claiming them to have both been faulty but on driving the car I found a nasty knocking noise coming from the rear when going over bumps. I suspected the rear axel bushes to have been worn and he took it to another garage today and they said they were extremly worn(both sides).

What may have caused the car to need 2 new shockers and the bushes to be worn out on a car with relatively low mileage?. It had also just been put through an MOT in the last week but im guessing this wouldnt have been picked up on the test?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Kirky

It's a Zetec-S, so has probably been owned by a boy racer. Two things possibly at fault.

  • Shit load of speakers, subs and various other equipment in the back all the time. * The rear axle is a replacement from a car from a scrapper, because it's went sideways into something hard.
Reply to
Sandy Nuts

funnily enough when I looked under the car the rear axel did appear to have some white paint on it(possibly letters) which made me wonder if it had come from a breakers.

Reply to
Kirky

The 'one owner' was a 17yr old c*ck who had a rich Daddy and wasn't interested in looking after it as he was selling it a few years later.

Reply to
Matt

49,000 miles is right for them needing changing. And they should have been picked up in the MOT.
Reply to
Conor