2002 Mondeo central locking fault.

Hi.

i have a problem with my central locking. Basically it will not lock either remotely or by key, If I get in the car and manually lock all the doors it will unlock with the key fob. However, when I try locking the car again I can hear the motors clicking but they do not lock. I have sprayed WD40 on all locks but that has not helped.

any help or thoughts would be greatly appraciated.

Mark

Reply to
dovey21

Between the front edge of each front doors and their respective door "posts" there are IIRC detatchable multiplugs. Some people might suggest detatching each multiplug in turn and testing the central locking from the remote each time in order to find out if the fault lies within a door.

djornsk