2002 Toyota Corolla heater plugs question

Diesel, 2.0 litre non turbo T-spirit My daugther bought this car in Sept.08. In December during a cold spell it refused to start. She had it taken to the Toyota dealer who had maintained it from new. The diagnosis was degradation of the fuel system by contamination. They managed to save the fuel pump and injectors by purging the fuel system and charged her £600 to do so. Here we are in another cold spell in January 2009 and the car has again refused to start.

I suspect that there is is either water freezing in the fuel system or one/more of the heater plugs are goosed. I've never looked under the bonnet of this car. Does it have a water trap like my old landcruiser and would the heater plugs be accessible as in an old diesel? Thank you, Nick.

Best wishes to all for a better, not bitter, year.

Reply to
Nick

they have heater plugs, check them first. buy good fuel, not supermarket stuff.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

& drain the fuel filter.
Reply to