2003 Fiesta feels every little bump

Hard to describe this really. I don't think the dampers have gone, because it's not exactly bouncing around excessively. We've plenty of speed bumps around here, and it seems to handle them okay. But it just seems like you can almost feel the road surface. I'm sure it used to be smoother than this. Is it some of those rubber bushes down at the front end?

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

checked the tyre pressures lately?

Reply to
MrCheerful

Well, I'm forced to check them each month, as one of the rear ones has a slow leak. So, most of the time, three of them are correct, and one is going down slowly. It always has, for some reason, but I try not to let it get too bad.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

even when the bushes in the lower arm have completely ripped up the handling still feels ok (usually) If there are unusual clonks then there is something severely amiss, usually a bottom ball joint, minor clatters are usually anti roll bar links. Also worth a quick check of wheel nut tightness. Otherwise it needs to be jacked up and checked over. MOT soon? Has any major work been done in the recent past?

Reply to
MrCheerful

No major work in the ten years I've had it. I can't hear any knocking, or anything to suggest something's wrong. Maybe it was always like that, and I've only just noticed. MOT is being done today, actually, so I may find out very soon :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Well, it passed, but I got an advisory that the rear coil springs were corroded. Maybe they're not springy enough any more?

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

No, if they are still vaguely in one piece they will make no difference, even with bits missing people don't notice anything amiss.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Didn't think so, TBH. I'll just have to get it on the ramps and start pushing things around, I suppose :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

I would say that if it passed the MOT then there can't/shouldn't be too much wrong. It is 13 years old, things tend to get a bit tired, not knackered, just tired.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire