2004 206 XSi 1.6 16v - Engine Management light and Antipollution message?

Driving home today, engine management light came on, and 'Antipollution Fault' message appeared on the little screen. Obviously still under warrenty, but lookin for opinions as to what could cause the fault? The car juddered, and refused to accelerate, so i pulled in, turned it off, and turned it on again, and it seemed to run ok, but the light and warning were still there. Just washed it, filled the screen wash, and now all is well, no light, no message and it drives fine. Could maybe naff fuel, or water in the fuel, or water somewhere have caused this? Its been pretty wet here recently? I can't take it to the dealer till friday, and i have to drive

140 miles between now and then, so i guess time will tell if it does it again :)
Reply to
DanTXD

Did you fill it with english petrol???

French cars - fragile and unreliable. It's probably been caused by some misfire or a bit of muck on a sensor or something. Guaranteed the dealer won't be able to fix it but it will plague you for the next 3 years.

If it happens again don't do anything, just ring motability...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I had a leased 307 2.0 16v that came up with this fault periodically, and would sometimes send the car into limp home mode. Three dealers including a French one when it broke down over there failed to cure it despite hooking it up the their diagnostic box periodically and downloading new software into it. Have a Google on Groups about "Anti pollution fault" you'll find cures ranging from spark plugs and coil packs to EGR valves and catalytic converters. In the end I persuaded my lease company to take it away.

Thankfully, we also have a 206 SW HDi which exhibits no such faults! Good luck with sorting yours!

Reply to
Doctor D

Heh :) Being doing the Google thing, seems most of the unsolvable problems with the 1.6's have more symptoms, coming back straight away, cat light coming on or flashing etc. Here's hoping it doesn't annoy me too much ;)

Reply to
DanTXD