306 Fast Idle

My Peugeot 306 DTurbo idles @ 1250rpm which is too high. I've tried adjusting (as per Haynes) by winding in the anti-stall screw although this has made no difference (Lucas Pump by the way). The car starts and runs fine apart from a slight hestiation at 3k always going uphill. I find this very annoying, anybody got any ideas?

Thx Mark

Reply to
Zax

Is the thing reaching proper operating temperature.

The idle will be stuck high if its never warming up due to a failed thermostat, and this more than likely will be keeping the cold start timing over advanced and causing your hesitation too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It seems to reach tempeture ok. It hovers around 81 degrees on the temp gauge. Anything above this and the fan kicks in.

Mark

Reply to
admin

In that case, check the bowden cable from the fast idle controller- with the engine hot, it should be slack- i.e. allowing the pump arm to rest against its stop.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Fixed it. Tim you were right, there was tension in that that thingmy bob cable so the revs dropped when i slackened. It now idles about

900rpm and sounds a tad quieter.

Thx for your help

Mark

Reply to