306 non start alarm/immobiliser?

Hi there,

The post is a little long, I have added quite some detail, but basically my car wont start, it think it maybe alarm related as when I do get it started (see below) the alarm goes off, with the lights flashing etc, no horn, but I can still drive it, til I stop then it wont start again.

I have a 1994 306 XR 1.6

Went to use my car this morning and got in, my housemate couldn't open his door... strange... no central locking. So I opened it from inside to let him in.

Went to start the car, no lights on dash, no ignition nothing....

Called my rescue service thing, used an external battery device, and I tried starting - wouldn't start.

The guy bypassed everything and with my keys set to start, he fired the starter motor directly and it started up fine and I drove away.

I noticed that while I was driving the car to uni, I could hear a relay clicking on and off, and it turned out the lights were flashing as if the alarm was active, but I could still drive the car along so I went to uni and parked up.

When I returned to the car later on, the battery was ok, but again, the car wouldn't start like this morning.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting by the 2 plugs under the rear seats but no joy so I called my rescue service again.

We tried resetting the alarm by turning the keys to first click (a) and disconnecting the battery for a few seconds/minute and then reconnected it but car still wouldn't start.

He eventually bypassed it again so I could at least drive it home.

I have no idea why it is doing this, but here are the details I noticed in case someone here has another idea...

When driving the car, even if the lights aren't flashing as if the alarm was on, the little red LED above the radio flashes, and faster than it usually does when it is parked and locked - I am sure it never flashed before while driving.

Also, with the car parked up, I can leave the heater fans blowing, and get o ut of the car and lock it!!!

Sorry it is such a long post, any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received before I call someone out to have a further look.

Thanks again.

Karl

Reply to
KW_UK