306 plastic bag gator

I've replaced my timing belt this weekend, dead proud of my self , replaced water pump and alternator belt at same time. It seems to have been well worth the effort, the power steering works properly now ! Unfortunatly I drove off with my Haynes manual on the boot and someone's picked it up ! Oh my question is.. has anyone replaced the plastic bag type gator thing on a pug. 306 steering rack ? The one near the passenger side bulk head. I noticed it's split but not looked too close yet.

Cheers,

Simon

Reply to
SimonP

hmm reply to myself, but I called Peugeot, apparently this is the steering ram and you can't buy the 'plastic bag' gator seperatly.. bummer! Suggestions please!

Simon

Reply to
SimonP

The message from snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk (SimonP) contains these words:

There are plenty of other steering rack gaiters out there - perhaps you can find one that fits from something else.

Reply to
Guy King