'94 Cav 1.7TD poss. heater matrix problem

Hi,

I seem to be getting intermittent (i.e. happend twice now) symptoms of a weaping heater matrix. In my experience such problems are rarely intermittent but on both times its happened the condensation (which was worse with the heater on hot) seemed to stop after a period of ~20mins. This make me think that it perhaps isn't the matrix, but water is somehow getting on it from elsewhere. The first time it happened I did notice that the coolant level was a bit low but it wasn't after the second time so maybe coincidence.

If its not the matrix where/how could the water be getting in?

Presumably inspection of the matrix requires disassembly of the entire dasboard.

cheers

Jim

Reply to
Jim Ingram

It could well be the matrix as it could be such a small leak that it dries out in that 20 minutes. Providing you have anti-freeze in the system the 'sweet' smell of anti-freeze causing the condensation will be very apparent, my old Bluebird stunk to high-heaven when the matrix went!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Remove the section that surrounds the handbrake lever and runs to meet the centre console, this will allow access to the matrix housing.

Demon