96 Astra dashboard lights problem!

For many months now I have had a problem with the lights on the dashboard, not done much about it because it didnt affect driving!?

Sometimes when starting a journey after ten minutes or so, the petrol and engine heat dials go off and the battery warning light somes on, it may stay like this for a long time on long journeys and may sometimes come back on. When I turn the engine off and turn the ignition there are no ignnition lights when this happens.

(When the engines on, if I lift the hand break a little the battery warning light dims.)

Would be very grateful for any advice:)

Reply to
Valcor