'96 Escort rear window handle

My son has a '96 Escort and wants to take the door trim off the rear OS door to investigate/fix a problem with the opener. Any idea how to get the window winder handle off? No visible screws or removable plastic covers that might obscure a screw. I'm guessing this is done by a snapring, C clip or similar.

5 door with central locking if that's of any assistance. Assistance to my son is by telephone hence this post. Many thanks Nick.
Reply to
Nick

Mr Haynes says there is a spring clip that is released by using a piece of rag pulled between handle and door card, whilst pulling the handle away.

Looks like three hands are needed then...

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

this is what it looks like, the dark bit is the clip

this is the tool required to remove it
can slide a small bladed screwdriver down the side of the handle, bit fiddly but it works.

Reply to
reg

I can vouch for that.

And also for why this fits into the general class of fittings known as pingfuckits...

I found two small screwdrivers, one pushing up on each of the ends of the clip, worked well. You don't need three hands because the handle stays put without the clip until you pull it off.

Reply to
PCPaul

if you look behind the handle itself youll see a small piece if wire like a c clip it is a fiddley job removin it but it can be done with a small hook to hoo around it and pull it up after you remove the c clip the handle should easily slide off

Reply to
markdunn.sonyplaystation3