97 Astravan Heater blower motor?

Got a 4 speed heater blower, noticed speeds 1&2 had failed and now 3 has gone also. Only blows on 4 which is a bit too loud & blowy for comfort. Anyone know the location of whatever it is that controls the speed - not sure if it's built into the switch or somewhere else?

Reply to
Redwood

something like this:

Mark W

Reply to
Redwood

Only lasted 5 days and gone again! Guess it must be the motor wearing out and drawing too much current for the resistor pack to cope with?

Reply to
Redwood

has it got a pollen filter? if so, is it recent? blocked pollen filter means the resistor pack can overheat (cetainly happens on fords)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes it has pollen filter and the only thing I've never changed so will get that done. I'm hoping that I've got away with only a blown thermal fuse on the side of the resistor pack as that seems to be a common problem on these motors.

Reply to
Redwood

Luckily it was only the thermal fuse that blew, 69p from Maplins. Got a new pollen filter and also positioned the resistor pack to the front of the blower motor where it gets a lot more cooling action so will see how it goes.

Reply to
Redwood