97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diff..

I have a new to me 97 GC, the rear diff is making a bit of noise, i notice there is a friction modifier required in the diff (LSD) to 'mask noise' as it says on the bottle, anyone used it?

Reply to
Nige

Brings to mind the days of putting sawdust in the EP90 on old bangers.

But, no.

Reply to
John Williamson

hehe - this is a Jeep product!!

Reply to
Nige

By strange coincidence I was talking to someone about a similar thing on an Hyundai Terracan, apparently the recommendation from the states for that one is to use Mobil LS oil 75/90 But that doesn't seem to imported here at all AFAICS

For your query you would probably be best to trawl US Jeep sites, I'll bet there are loads.

Reply to
Mrcheerful