A4 Read Wiper

I have a 1997 Audi 1.8T Sport Avant with a fault rear wiper. Before it totally failed it did judder and I found that the teeth on the motor shaft were worn down and the wiper stuck in one position. Having removed the wiper blade the motor doesn't seem to function. I have a power feed going to one of the four wires, the Red and Black wire. There is not other feed from any other wire.

I do not want to purchase another motor if it's not that. I am not sure if this has a relay or something else which may have failed. The fuse has been changed.

I would realy appreciate some advice as to the sequence of events to try and track down the problems. Should I be getting a feed from any other wire, if so which one and permanantly or intermittent?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jtheobald