abs sensor

Citroen Xantia, front offside abs sensor. It causes intermittent fault light on panel (which is an MoT fail apparently). Thought I would take it out and clean the connections-thereby saving £80 if successful. Mr Haynes says to remove the heat shield from the hub carrier and unclip the wiring from the brackets. Easy. Unscrew the securing stud and withdraw the sensor- 'see illustration', which shows a grubby hand holding a sensor away from the hub. At the hub, the abs cable ends in a white plastic connector into a black plastic block on the hub carrier, with no apparent screws, studs, bolts nor any other fixing device known to me. Is the stud hidden below this block? If so I guess it will disintegrate when I attempt to lever it out. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Is the stud hidden below this block? If so I guess it will disintegrate when

Funny thing is, the dash light is off since I jiggled it about and sprayed some contact cleaner on the connector block. Must book it in for MoT. DaveK.

Reply to
davek