Accord Diesel

Greetings from Arizona, Just wondering if anyone has seen or have one of the Accord diesels. I am really wanting to find out how they are working out . And if they are as quiet and powerful as Honda says. We have no sign of getting them here in the US. We only have VW & Mercedes diesel in this country . Wish we had the choices you have there. Gas now pushing $3 us. a gallon. I could really like a small diesel car. Thanks in advence for your time. Scott

Reply to
zonie

I work at a Honda dealer, and yes, they are good. Just voted No.1 reliable car in the 'What Car' magazine.

They bung out well over 200 b/ft of torque, and are about 140bhp. The Accords top 40mpg, and they have the lowest CO2 emissions going too.

They have also put that engine into the CR-V, and now the FR-V too. They have also said it's going into the new model Civic as well.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

ROTFLMAO

They do - same price, different currency symbol. Bastards.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Andy, Thanks for the reply. You mention you work in a Honda dealer, I been in a Chevy dealer in parts for 33 years but I drive Honda. You probably know your Accord saloon looks the Acura here. We have a '04 Accord EX-L

2.4 I-vtec with 5-speed auto, our third Accord. But I still wish we had Diesel. Maybe someday. Your web-site is very interesting. Again thenks for the info. Scott
Reply to
zonie

zonie (sjemoomaw@nospam) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You poor dear. My heart bleeds for you.

Petrol here is currently just over double that - about $6.50US for one US Gallon.

Reply to
Adrian

No problem.

Cheers.