Advice on Mondeo front disks

Hi,

I recently had the front brake disks on my 2001 Mondeo replaced. Ever since then there's been vibration between 70 and 80 MPH. I had the front wheels rebalanced at Kwik fit and it's made no difference. What has the dealer done wrong with the disks ? Are they supposed to balance the wheels with the new disks ? Any thoughts.

thanks,

Neil

Reply to
Neil

In message , Neil writes

It could be that the garage didn't clean the hubs up properly and the new discs are not sitting squarely.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Reply to
Neil

Get the the rear wheels balanced if that dosen't work its is just possible the discs are out of balance but unlikely as the disc are close to the steering axis they have much less effect than the wheel & tyre when out of balance. Very very unlikely to be anything to do with how the discs were fitted that would cause run out not a bad out of balnce couple.

Trust no one (particularly tyre fitters !)

Reply to
AWM

To be honest rear wheel balance dosen't have anything to do with front wheel wobble.

Bill

Reply to
Bill