Air conditioning recomendation in New Milton area?

Hi ,

It seems my Focus ( '02 TDCI) needs some attention to the Air conditioning.. ( although I perhaps really ought to get that cam belt changed done first !) Is there any harm in leaving it for a while or will any faults end up costing more to fix if I don't get it done now ? Also I was thinking of going to Kwik Fit are they OK for this sort of thing ? I kind of like the 'drive in / drive out' mentality ;-)

Simon

Reply to
mr p

you are missing out a bit:

'drive in, open your wallet, say help yourselves, drive out'

on a more serious note, if the cam belt is due then get it done, or be prepared to ditch the car if the belt fails. kwik fit air con service would be ok if there are no faults at present, by the sound of it you have a fault, so a decent air con place is the right place to go.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , mr p writes

Think about it............ no really, take a few deep breaths and answer your own question.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Well it's not unknown for people changing cambelts to induce leaks in the air conditioning. Without knowing what's wrong with your aircon then one can't answer the will it cost more money, as if it's a real leak then you'll end up needing a new dessicator, if you don't run it then you'll end up needing new compressor seals but if your cambelt fails you'll need a new car. Kwik fits fine for vacuuming it down & refilling it, the machines automated, sod all use for anything else.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

forget the local shit-fit try

reg

Reply to
mr p

If you go to Kwik-Fit for an air-con recharge, ring 'em first and ask if it's still £25 (the offer ended last month) my local honoured the offer price last week. Pity my car has a leak :(

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Well thanks for that, I was quoted =A3290 and =A375 for the belt kit and air con service respectivly. Considering the belt kits are =A390 or so and the DIY air con cans are =A340 on Ebay I guess this aint bad. I think Ford charge about =A3400 or somthing for the belt . I guess if I've got a leak as well ( dont think so because the compressor still clicks on ) then they might have a hope of fixing it ! Will make a few more calls perhaps..

Reply to
mr p

& a decent aircon service involves vacuuming it down till it's dry & then refilling it with the right weight of lube & gas, easy enough if you've got the rest of the kit, but rather tricky otherwise.
Reply to
Duncan Wood