Air Leek on Ford Fiesta LX

Shortly after buying car, when i switch on from cold engine, i cannot drive straight away if i put pressure on gas pedal the engine cuts out. i sit with clutch down for couple of minutes and then drive off slowly, i cannot put too much pressure on gas or the car starts chugging and will cut out, eventually the car will surge forwaed and i can drive normally. I have to take car around the block a few times before i venture onto the main road. Car has been scanned at garage and air leak has showed up but mechanic cannot find where the air leak is. Has anyone experienced this problem and what was the solution?

Reply to
clairefordellah

These symptoms are more likely a faulty or open circuit coolant temp sensor indicating to the ECU that the engine is hot, so it only gets fuel for a hot engine. i.e. too lean.

There is no fault code for an 'air leak' ! Find another mechanic.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

far too technical for me but i will show it to the garage thanks

Reply to
clairefordellah