Airbags and disconnection.

Just thought I'd ask here while I search elsewhere (daylight is ticking away...) but is it safe to just disconnect the single wire that comes up from the steering column and connects to the airbag assembly?

I'll measure the voltage and provided it's zero and provided I find nothing on the web, I'll assume it's safe. *But* there's time for an urgent warning from anyone here if I'm about to do something stupid.

Battery's disconnected and has been since last night.

Cheers

Dave J.

Reply to
Dave J.

Sussed it, no probs. Sorry for wasted bandwidth

Dave J.

Reply to
Dave J.

I assume your head wasn't blown off? Usually people give dire warnings about this sort of thing, though I suspect it's like any other electrical connector and will be fine as long as you reconnect it properly...

Reply to
Doki

I removed my airbag when changing the coupler, which was causing an intermittent SRS warning lamp. The book said to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes before disconnecting and it was all pretty straightforward.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

No, my head's still intact (though the working order part may be questionable ;) ). Open circuit was fine. On thinking about it it has to be or working around it would be impossible.

Dave J.

Reply to
Dave J.