Aldi compressor back Thursday

Aldi compressor deal back round 1st March compressor and gadgets =A359.99 , even get the air hose and odd euro quick couplers on the tools in the box.

=A317.99 windy gun isn`t Chicago Pneumatics but its handy for zipping wheels off after you loosen them with a power bar.

Throroughly recommend air chisel, almost as much fun as angle grinder on noise and destruction scale :-)

Tend to sell out fast so arrive pre opening if your keen.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby
£17.99 windy gun isn`t Chicago Pneumatics but its handy for zipping wheels off after you loosen them with a power bar.

Tend to sell out fast so arrive pre opening if your keen.

I second that. I got the compressor and windy gun last time round as my original ones were showing their age. I changed one of the outlets to a PCL type, as that's what all my tools had, it was simpler just to change the one.

The windy gun is fine too for wheel nuts, I find I only need to use a breaker bar if the wheels haven't been off for years. It's usually blamed on kwik fit etc by people who service only on an "as it breaks down" basis.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

True, wheels should come off every service, so that is usually once a year. One of my acquaintances had a puncture on a motorway, he couldn't get the wheel off, so he left the bolts in, but loose, and drove along the hard shoulder expecting that to loosen the wheel, it didn't, he continued to the next junction and left the motorway, abandoned the car and went back the next day, the wheel got wrecked as he removed it with a sledgehammer in the end. It was an Alfa with an alloy wheel.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

That's caused by corrosion between wheel and hub. To prevent this apply copper grease to the mating surfaces. A perfectly clean wheel and hub can corrode and seize easily in less than a year.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)