alloy wheel protecting???

Gotta puncture repaired today and saw a leaflet for a new product - metalmate from

New in today said the guy and claimed that it was only £18. Not sure of that was for each wheel though. They do initial thing and customer tops it up every now and then. So.... is it another waste of money like all the bottles of different car polish that are inbreeding in my garage or is it worth it? Are any of these so called alloy protector liquid things any good? What do you recommend???? Should I just stick to tescos alloy wheel cleaner?????????

Reply to
GarryM

I'm guessing it's a polymer similar to the one that image wheels sell.

Reply to
Depresion

yes - polymers which chemically bond with the surface providing an inert protection barrier and hydrophobic non-stick activity.

Doesn't hydrophobic mean that it doesn't like water?????

Is it Teflon then???

Reply to
GarryM

GarryM ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you were using a half-decent news client, it'd snip it automatically, and save you having to do it manually.

Reply to
Adrian

See Below !!

Fuckwits can spell !!

Graham

Come on lads/ladies - Be more helpful, recommend a decent news client.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Nik&Andy ( snipped-for-privacy@adenleyremovethis.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If he were using anything better than Outhouse Excuse, he'd be able to easily view the headers and see that I'm using XNews.

Can we assume he knows how to use Google?

Reply to
Adrian
[...]

Gnus is the most powerful, but it needs (X)Emacs which not everyone is mentaly strong enough for.

Thunderbird is decently good as a basic newsreader; I've been using it for a while and while it lacks the filtering and scoring power of Gnus it does at least have a decent message editor with handy features like Rewrap which keeps things tidy when multiple layers of citation would lead to overlength lines yet will not break long URLs...

Alistair J Murray

Alistair J Murray ( snipped-for-privacy@fluffy.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I like it as an email client, but not as a newsreader.

B'sides, how often do we see Outhouse Excuse users posting private emails to groups? I'm keeping email and usenet in separate apps!

Reply to
Adrian

It has more definite strengths as a mail client than as a news reader, I've stayed with it as long as I have because it isn't actively objectionable in any significant way :)

Grrrr, I'm worried now. ;)

Alistair J Murray