Alloy Wheel repair....

Arse....despite my best attentions and avoid any curbing when parking I seem to have picked up some "minor" damage on one wheel in particular that I can only assume I have managed to pick up on from the crap roads I haven't been able to avoid recently.

Would anybody have any suggestions as to the best way to repair/clean/polish/ Alloys ?

There appear to be a few "Repair Kits" listed on ebay and Halfords have one as detailed below but any help/suggestions as to the best way to go would be appreciated.

Halfords:

The easy and affordable way to repair alloy wheels using professional materials and techniques.

This kit contains:

2 x clear gel palstic filler 1 x activator & pump spray 4 x coarse wet & dry 1 x silver paint 1 x wheel mask 1 x masking tape 2 x cleaning wipes 1 x pair of gloves You will also need: a pencil and scissors.

10 mins preperation time

60 mins repair time 60 mins drying time

5-6 repairs per kit

Reply to
JC_Theeggman

maybe in the kit there's some instuctions ?

Reply to
ford_technical_

You would think so wouldn't you :-)

I guess what I was trying to ask was does anybody have any suggestions as to whether one particular type of kit is "better" than another or has any other suggestions as to the best way to repair.

Is that any better ? :-)

Reply to
JC_Theeggman

Duncanwood