Almera 00 Y reg new shape. Engine mangement light comes on?

A dealer wants to get rid of this at a cut down price, he says the car starts to shudder at about 50 miles per hour engine management light comes on. He says it might be catlyst swich?

Whats wrong with it? is it worth me buying at say half of parkers list price?

Reply to
mop

A dealer wants to get rid of this at a cut down price, he says the car starts to shudder at about 50 miles per hour engine management light comes on. He says it might be catlyst swich?

Whats wrong with it? is it worth me buying at say half of parkers list price?

Reply to
mop

Chances are, if it can be fixed economically then he would do it.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Most modern cars can be interrogated by a dealer's diagnostic computer which will say what the actual fault is.

Since dealers sell cars to make money, I'd say they have a very good idea how much this fault is going to cost to fix.

So draw your own conclusions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)