Almost on topic - motorbike with alternating indicators

Saw a first for me anyway today:

A motorbike pulled over at the kerb , rider in waterproofs with some sort of logo, no police markings or blue lights... but the indicators were flashing right left right left etc..

never seen ANY vehicles with alternating indicators as warning lights, police have alternating blues but not indicators.

So what the hell was that about - seems a stupid system if a warning - he's pulling out, no he isn't etc.

down the road, but maybe unconnected was a land rover with trailer marked up as 'Environmental Services'

Reply to
Paul

It's a hazard warning, the same as a rotating beacon.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

standard on any motorbike?

Reply to
Paul

No.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I suspect it was police and they were pulling cars over to check exhaust emmisions.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Plod has blue flashing light.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Ah, was beginning to think I'd missed something ;-)

Reply to
Paul

Well that should have been, in my limited experience,no, but alternate flashing is a "site vehicle" option, it's not AFAIK any form of "road legal" option.

Reply to
Duncan Wood