Alternate solutions ...

Hi All,

A while ago I had an ignition (?) light that wouldn't go out on my 93 Rover 218SD (1900 Pug).

I ended up with an exchange alternator and that seemed to fix it for a couple of weeks.

Then the same problem appeared (ignition light wouldn't go out, no rev counter) and I send the alternator back for testing and it came back NFF.

I think I also changed the earth lead between the battery and chassis ground but although the old one wasn't 'perfect' is was still ok (as a conductor etc).

I think it's been fine for a good few months till a couple of days ago the problem re-appeared but went after a couple of start / stops of the engine.

As of now the fault is hard.

So, with the ignition on the light is on. Remove the exciter feed to the alternator and the ignition light goes off (suggesting to me at least that that the circuit is functioning).

So, have I got another intermittent / faulty alternator or are the odds higher that the fault is elsewhere please?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. Other than the above everything else is running fine.

Reply to
T i m