Another MAF question

If a Bosch MAF insert is marked as a model XYZ, does the panel think all new Bosch MAF's marked as an XYZ will be identically calibrated?

To put it another way...

If a Bosch XYZ insert fits housing A, B and C, will model XYZ be calibrated specifically for A or B or C, or will it work as intended with all of them?

The thing is, we may have found a source of XYZ, in a different housing, which is around one third the cost, for a genuine Bosch MAF insert.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The world (well, ebay) is awash with duplicate MAFs from China labelled as being replacements for some model or other but very rarely working properly judging by posts on BMW forums of people who've tried them.

Reply to
Scott M

Yes, believe me I am very well aware of that, but that was not what I asked.

Assume my question only referred to genuine Bosch MAF sensors and all bore the correct sensor number, would the all produce identical calibration results, despite them being supplied in differing housings?

In other words might Bosch use the same sensor, but vary the calibration to suit the the different housings, or would the same sensor number be interchangeable in any housing intended for it?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield