antenna plug? - what is it - long shot?

Hi ... just inherited a car (1999 c-class merc) with a car radio antenna in the heated rear window, and a mobile phone antenna attached to rear window (a "panorama antennas" antenna with SR8-906T stamped on tne part inside the car")...

Now car has a vodofone / motorala car kit installed which I was trying to change over to a nokia cark-91 keeping same rear window attached antenna so that I don't have to take too much trim apart.

Anyway at the end of the antenna is co-ax type connection which connects to the nokia phone holder ok... but I also noticed taped to the antenna coax- a lead terminating with a singleplug (looks like a

3.5mm mono headphone or microphone plug). Seemed not to be plugged into anything (unless it was dislodged) ... Question is ... I'm not sure what this plug is... it seems superflous... and without stripping the car apart I cannot see where it originates ... except as I say it is taped along the antenna coax at least for the last metre I can see...if that gives any clues??

Any ideas?

Is this likely to be part of the antenna ... in which case does it need plugging into something ... or just some other lead that the telephone fitter decided to tape to it...

Its not the microphone from the motorola kit as that has a different terminator... not knowing the full car history, maybe the antenna belonged to an even earlier car kit?

Incidentally - also trying to track down poor radio reception problems on a car could it be related?

Long shot I know - but posting in case it rings a bell with anyone

Reply to
nospammer999

External speaker?

Power to the old kit? Try putting a meter across it.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

that would be my guess.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The Antenna should be a screw-in type;

Mini-UHF normally used on Motorola kits:

FME Female required for the Nokia:

A C