anti lock brake pump moter[ mark 7]

can anyone tell anything about a lincoln mark 7 atilock brake pump ? there is no booster it has a high presser pump, and it come on about every five minutes, and it kills the battery when the car is not running , i don`t think it is suppose to run that much ! any help would be verymuch appreciate . thanks! ED

Reply to
ED K.

Err try rec.autos.tech, Linoln Mark7s round here are a Cathedral.

Reply to
Duncanwood

If it keeps running when you are not using the brakes, you have a leak somewhere in the system. Once the pressure is built up it should hold that pressure until you press the brake pedal.

Reply to
SimonJ

the pump will run when you first turn on the ignition, the pressure will drop after a time and the pump will run again. If the key is removed the pump should not run, if it does there is a wiring fault.

I found that if I accidentally left the key in the accessory position the pump would run in my absence and the battery would go flat, so I now make a habit of removing the key and leaving it on the seat. (obviously this is in a secure environment)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful