Anti-perforation warranty

Just had my Astra serviced today. When I drove it home, I noticed that there was no anti-perforation check recorded in the service book. Presumably this invalidates the anti-perforation warranty.

Why is it that whenever I have phoned a Vauxhall garage to ask about a service, none of them ever recommend an anti-perforation check, even though the service book does mention it as an extra check (presumably at extra cost)?

Are any anti-perforation warranties worthwhile?

Stevn Thompson

Reply to
Steven Thompson

With most manufacturers' anti-perforation warranties, there is only a charge made if the check is *not* carried out during a normal service. If it is carried out during the service (as it should be) then it is foc. Speak to your dealer - sounds like they just forgot to stamp that page.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

it only covers the main chassis not any panels or whatever so even if you do get a rusty motor after a few years because the paint was crap, they won't fix it

Reply to
dojj

That's certainly not the case with most manufacturers and, in any case, what do you mean by the 'main chassis'? Modern cars rarely have such things! In the majority of instances the perforation warranty covers rust coming through the bodywork (anywhere) from the inside to the outside. It is generally only valid where annual checks have been carried out and recommended remedial treatment undertaken. Hardly worth the paper its' printed on really.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!