Any info req for Hauberg drive-over car lift

I've recently managed to aquire a "Hauberg Autolift" from Auto Industries, Leeds (according to the label). Enquiries have failed for them in Leeds. It must be a good few years old as it's an old style number from before the changeover.

The beast works, drive over it, swing the arms out fit the cups and start lifting the car up. It can tilt it as well.

I'm after andy info at all about it, operation, spares, service, safety etc. Ideally, beg, buy, borrow a manual - you know how it goes with a new toy.

TIA

Martin

Reply to
Martin T

Was it one of eBay? Item number: 290017513555

Reply to
A C

It was from a relatives friend who has given up playing with old MGB's That's a very similar (possibly the same) type, but it looks like the hydraulic cylinders are in a slightly different place, but that could be the photo maybe. I couldn't believe how heavy it is

Reply to
Martin T

It's probably the sort of thing that you'd need a local machine shop and or hydraulic services centre for, rather than getting parts for that particular model. I don't know for instance whether there are bushes in the moving parts that would wear or whether the steel moves on steel, which wold eventually require some work if it wore out. Cylinders will probably be standard enough.

I was looking at some of these lifts but decided that I might need to get under the car and these seem to restrict the working space. I'm casually looking for a two post lift now.

Reply to
adder1969

Thanks for that - someone with a crane would help as well!. Certainly if you wanted to get at the clutch or gearbox then the lift would get in the way (hmm I'm not sure now, maybe the pivot is far enough back to drop the box). Not as much as the Clarke (Machine Mart) ones that are a square frame though.

I've also been having thoughts of a two post lift, but my garage isn't high enough for the posts. This beast with it's wheels lets me roll it out of the garage onto the drive if I need to raise the car right up.

I'm still a touch wary going underneath it, but it's got mechanical locks and the car has been up in the air for a couple of days now and not dropped an inch.

Reply to
Martin T

El martes, 22 de agosto de 2006 a las 17:13:43 UTC+2, Martin T escribió:

Reply to
Antonio Pe?rez Molla?

Crikey. Your internet connection is very very slow. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Maybe he lives in Aberhosan?

Tim