Anyone have any info of checking/fixing the cabin fan blower control on a Peugeot 306 ?

Hi All, My 306's blower will only work on 4 (full power), which isn't much fun this weather. It used to start working on the lower setting if I twisted it back and forward a few times but now even that won't work.

I'm guessing it's got muck on the contacts, but I'm told it's impossible to get at it with taking most of the dash off !! (good design that). Any know a quick fix ? Would a good shot of switch cleaner get anywhere ? It looks like the control covers the base of the switch completely.

Reply to
Steve

its more likely to be the resistor pack on the blower motor itself than the switch.

Reply to
Mark

My Xantia fan does that occasionally. I usually cure it by belting the glove compartment (cure found by 9yo son kicking the glove compartment). In my case it seems to be dodgy fan contacts as a quick fettleing seems to fix it for 6 months or so.

Reply to
Malc