Astra 1.4 2000/W Overheating

Hi, Can anyone help me with an odd situation.

The other day i was driving my car and all of a sudden the temp started to rise. The temp would rise when driving up hill but would reduce when going down hill, it also climbs when stationary.

Could this be the thermostat?

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Phil

Reply to
Piles

When did you last check the coolant level?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Maybe that should be, "When did you last lift the bonnet?"

Reply to
gazzafield

The coolant level was checked as soon as I returned, all is fine with fluid levels and yes i did check it on level ground.

Phil

Reply to
Piles

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

you last lift the bonnet?"

maybe you should keep stum unless you have something positive to add.

Reply to
Piles

Been on usenet long?

Reply to
gazzafield

It could be the thermostat, but when the temp rises the electric fan should cut in and the temp will lower. Does the fan cut in when stationary? Don't let it get too hot tho.

Jerry

Reply to
PSOE