Astra airbag light

After installing a new car alarm in my Astra the airbag warning light will not go out. I ended up disconnecting the alarm to see if this was causing the problem but it wasn't. Checked all the wiring and circuts thoroughly but can't get the light to go out. Tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours, didn't help. Only thing I can think of is that I disconnected a large wiring plug in the passenger footwell for wiring tracing when fitting the alarm, the ignition was also turned on a few times with this plug disconnected. Someone told me it had something to do with this and that the airbag control unit needs resetting, is this correct, any ideas?

Reply to
glutenfree

That's almost sertainly the case.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Nedavno snipped-for-privacy@onetel.com napisa:

=46rom what I read in various newsgroups if you disconnect airbag control unit while ignition is on (or in your case turn ignition on while airbag CU is disconnected), airbag light goes on, and can be switched off only at dealers (at least on BMW-s).

--=20 ___ ____ /__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 ** / / \/ /\ \ ** Registered Linux user #291606 ** /__/\____/--\__\ **

**

Reply to
Yvan

Needs to have the control unit reset with proper diagnostic kit.

Reply to
moray