Astra bonnet catch..............

Pull the lever and have your mate press down on the bonnet where the catch is. Worked on my Cav. I think the cable has stretched a bit. I made a temporary repair by putting a Scotchlock connector on the end of the release cable. (Temporary = 3 years ago and it still works well!)

Pete

Reply to
PM

Hi all,

I have been asked to do a service on a mates 1.6 Astra (2001 model), the problem is that the bonnet won't open!!

There is tension on the under dash lever...so I'm assuming the cable is intact....the "tongue" dosen't pop out from the radiator grille, I have tried coaxing it with a pliers.....all to no avail... :-((

Are there any simple/sensible way of trying to open the bonnet????

Thanks in advance......

Reply to
Sir Richard Richard