Astra CDTi cambelt interval

I just bought a 53 plate Astra 1.7 CDTi with 36k on the clock. Does anyone know what the official cambelt change interval is on these?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

every 100,000 or ten years

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Blimey Mrcheerful, that was the quickest reply I ever saw, thanks :)

Are you sure it's such a long interval? That's amazing if so. I was banking on having to do a cambelt change soon as it's 4.5 yrs old.

Reply to
Andrew

Some are 60k. Certainly the Z17DTH (100bhp) is, as my car will be needing one soon :-/

Reply to
moray

my info came from autodata, a check with a vauxhall agent would be wise, but at least it isn't due straight away from the looks of things.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Mine came from vauxhall TIS, and I'm pretty sure the car manual stated the same. Always worth checking, as if they go bang on the 1700s, you'll be needing a new cylinder head.

Reply to
moray

given Vauxhalls track record on timing belt's or should I say tensioners going prior to their change date & seeing other vehicles snapping belts before time I wouldn't let any vehicle get that high before changing a belt.

you probably know this but a few manufactures don't give a recommended replacement interval, they leave it up to the vehicle owner.

Reply to
reg

Thanks for the info. I'll check, but will probably do it before 6yrs/60k to be on the safe side.

Reply to
Andrew