Astra Clutch - Judder

My mate has a 1.4 Astra Club (06) and has a problem with clutch judder from cold. He has been in contact with the dealer who has said that Vauxhall will fund 90% of a replacement. (He has been raising the concern for 18 months)

Clearly there is a known problem - does anyone have experience of the fix? Does the problem go away? (He doesn't want to pay 10% for no benefit)

Reply to
John

Thus spake John ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

My '00 Astra Club (1.6 16v) also has clutch judder when cold, but it's been that way for ages. It just 'does it' and I think of it more as a quirk than a problem.

Reply to
A.Clews

Yebbut, to be fair, the OP's car is presumably still under manufacturer's warranty.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thus spake Chris Whelan ( snipped-for-privacy@prejudicentlworld.com) unto the assembled multitudes: